It’s no secret that the climate in Central New York isn’t particularly gentle for much of the year, so Galaxy’s Events division is focused on providing opportunities to encourage community members to get out and make the most of life in our area. While the concept may not sound novel now, Galaxy Media was actually one of the first radio companies to branch out from broadcasting and successfully put on local events too, while using the power of radio to promote these events. These events bring national recording artists, premiere restaurants, and some of the most talented artisans that the area has to offer together to create events that are dynamic and leave visitors talking for weeks to come. Based on the success of these core events, we’ve since expanded to other markets throughout the state and all along the East Coast. Despite the growth, we remain true to our original idea: bringing unique, fun festivals to local communities.
Galaxy Events was created in 2002, and was originally a branding and sampling company for outside clients. Upon the purchase of the ever-popular Taste of Syracuse festival in 2006, the division was completely rebranded and relaunched as the major events company it’s recognized as today. Taste of Syracuse regularly draws over 200,000 food lovers who sip, sample, and savor the finest foods our area has to offer, making it the largest festival of its kind in the United States. Through a partnership with Onondaga County Parks, we’ve also helped to grow and develop the community staple Lights on the Lake event.
- Taste of Syracuse
- Wine & Chocolate Festivals
- LEON Festival
- Jamesville Balloonfest
- Roc The Taste
- Syracuse & Oswego Bacon Festival
- Lights on the Lake
- Hops & Props
Wine and Chocolate Festivals
- Taste of Syracuse June 1, 2018
- Taste of Syracuse June 2, 2018
- Syracuse Wine & Chocolate Festival November 24, 2018
- Leon Festival June 21, 2018
- Balloon Festival June 22, 2018
- Balloon Festival June 23, 2018
- Balloon Festival June 24, 2018
- Roc The Taste July 27, 2018
- Roc The Taste July 28, 2018
- Syracuse Bacon Festival August 18, 2018
- Oswego Bacon Festival September 8, 2018
- Lights on the Lake
- Binghamton Wine & Chocolate Festival January 12, 2019
- Buffalo Wine & Chocolate Festival January 26, 2019
- Hops & Props February 9, 2019
- Albany Wine & Chocolate Festival March 2, 2019
- Rochester Wine & Chocolate Festival March 9, 2019
Let's talk about your business.
See how a local and community focused media group can help you advertise to the right people.